- According to the Bible, a saint is a follower of Jesus Christ. Romans 16:15, 1 Corinthians 1:2.
- Scripture urges us to pray for the saints in Ephesians 6:18, not to them. The Bible does not instruct believers in Christ to pray to anyone other than God. 1 Timothy 2:5.
- In fact, the Bible tells us that we believers on earth can “approach the throne of grace with confidence.” Hebrews 4:16
- We are to intercede for the saints in Romans 8:26-27 and help the saints in 2 Cor 8:4 and in 1Corinthians 16:1.
- According to Ephesians 4:12, the work of pastors and teachers is to “equip the saints for the work of the ministry, for building up the body of Christ.”
- Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/prayer-saints-Mary.html#ixzz303bVMmFe
How Can You Know if You Are a Saint?
- When you surrendered your life to Jesus Christ you changed from within. 1 Cor. 6:11; John 3:3 and 3:7
- When you study the Bible it is for you personally. Hebrews 4:12
- When you sin you are miserable. John 16:8-11
- You enjoy being around other Christians. 1 John 1:7 – fellowship with one another
- You have a new awareness of sin in your life as the Holy Spirit begins to show you. John 15:26
- You love God’s Word and hunger for it. 1 Peter 2:2
- You desire to change your life, obey God and grow more like Jesus. 2 Cor. 5:17
- You desire to talk about Jesus Christ and share Him with others. Romans 1:16
- There is an increase in testing and persecution. Luke 21:16, 1 Peter 4:12-14 and 1 John 3:13
- You are almost constantly thinking about God. Psalms 34:1
- You confess Jesus as Savior and Lord. 1John 4:15
- You desire to please God and obey Him. 1John 2:3
- Someone said that a saint confesses more and more—but actually sins less and less.
- You become more and more grateful for God’s blessings, beginning with salvation.
Does this describe you? Would you like it to describe you? The following link will explain the basics of who Jesus is and how He can transform your life: http://www.whoisjesus-really.com /
- These Inward Trials – Click here to listen:
[This life is temporary. This life is short. When this life is over, our bodies will die and become empty shells, but our souls will continue to live forever. Where will the “real you” live? Will you live for all eternity separated from God? Or will you spend eternity in the presence of God in heaven? Learn more so you can make your most important decision: http://www.whoisjesus-really.com/ and www.godlife.com
[To leave a comment, click on story’s TITLE and scroll down]