I invited a friend to work with us at our Bible table on the beach promenade.
She said, “I’ve thought about it, but people might recognize me and I’d feel uncomfortable.”
Wow! Now there’s an honest answer! I thought to myself, “Recognize you as what? As a Christian?” No, that’s not it.
To some, giving away free Bibles on the beach promenade borders on fanaticism! That’s it! It’s FEAR, pure and simple.
I do understand, because I was there once. I didn’t want to be different. Yet 1 Peter 2:9 in the King James Bible says, “But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.”
Wait! “Peculiar?” That word bothered me. Yet one dictionary definition is, “belonging distinctively or primarily to one person.” Wow! Then Yes, I AM peculiar!
The more I study the Bible the more I see the necessity of throwing aside those fears. Revelation 21:8 tells us that “the fearful (or cowardly) AND the unbelieving will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur.” So there you have it! If we believe the Bible, are we not compelled to do all we can to bring people to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ?
I praise God for our team of dear and faithful friends who join us at our beach table. They care more about the lost than what others might think of them.
Charles H. Spurgeon, a British pastor of the 19th century, remains highly influential today. He said, “Have you no wish for others to be saved? Then you’re not saved yourself, be sure of that!”
- If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels. Mark 8:38
- Therefore go and make disciples of all nations… Matthew 28:19-20
- Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? Luke 6:46
- But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death. Revelation 21:8
- SONG: GIVE ME A HEART – Lyrics by Liana Wendy Howarth; Music by Kathleen
[This life is temporary. This life is short. When this life is over, our bodies will die and become an empty shell, but our souls will continue to live forever. Where will the “real you” live? Will you live for all eternity separated from God? Or will you spend eternity in the presence of God in heaven? Learn more so you can make your most important decision: http://www.whoisjesus-really.com/
[Looking for SHARE buttons? Want to LEAVE A COMMENT? A PRAYER REQUEST? Go to: www.kathleensfaithwalk.com and scroll to the bottom of page.]