Do you know about the Good News Clubs? Good News Club® is a ministry of Child Evangelism Fellowship in which trained teachers meet with groups of children in schools, homes, community centers, churches, apartment complexes, just about anywhere the children can easily and safely meet with their parent’s permission. Each week the teacher presents an exciting Bible lesson using colorful materials from CEF Press. This action-packed time also includes songs, Scripture memory, a missions story and review games or other activities focused on the lesson’s theme.
As with all CEF ministries, the purpose of Good News Club is to evangelize boys and girls with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and establish (disciple) them in the Word of God and in a local church for Christian living.
Can we really teach the Bible in public schools? Yes! The Gospel has been taught freely in public schools all over the world for some time. Now children in the U.S. have that opportunity, too! In 2001 the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Good News Clubs v. Milford Central School that Good News Clubs can meet in public schools in the United States after school hours on the same terms as other community groups. Children attend Good News Club only with their parents’ permission.
We are thankful to God for what He is doing in public elementary schools locally:
1. Praise God that within the first two weeks of February, Good News Clubs’ enrollment increased by seven students, to 408!
2. Praise God for the excitement students feel for their GNC exemplified recently when one child told his teacher at the beginning of class, “It’s Good News Club Day!” as he proudly revealed the GNC tee-shirt he wore!
3. Praise God for the children who say they share with their parents what they are learning in Good News Club–testimonies that may bear fruit in their families!
4. Praise God for one club that recently experienced exponential growth: they went from 26 to 38!
- But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
- Please pray with us that God will call more people to volunteer to lead these clubs. For more information about CEF: https://www.cefonline.com/
[This life is temporary. This life is short. When this life is over, our bodies will die and become empty shells, but our souls will continue to live forever. Where will the “real you” live? Will you live for all eternity separated from God? Or will you spend eternity in the presence of God in heaven? Learn more so you can make your most important decision: http://www.godlife.com/gospel/ and http://www.godlife.com/en/about-christianity