When I arrived at the juvenile facility, Bobby was the first to sit at my table. He said, “I don’t know why, but when I see you come through the door, I stop whatever I’m doing and follow you. It’s weird, huh!”
I said, “It’s not weird, Bobby. I know what it is. Whenever you’re with me you learn more about God and the Bible. It’s not me you’re drawn to—it’s God.” I remember the night you gave your life to Jesus. The Holy Spirit began changing you that very night. You are a different person now. I see the change and so do others. Look at what God has already accomplished in your life:
- “Remember the letters you sent to people asking them to forgive you? God gave you the desire to do that.
- “You’re reading the Bible every day—in fact, I don’t see you reading anything else! God is giving you the desire to do that.
- “Look at the example you are to the other guys here. You no longer need to take medication for anxiety or sleep because you have God’s peace and it shows.
- “Remember when you used to be angry? Where did that anger go?
“Bobby, I want you to open your Bible and read aloud John 3:3 and 3:7.”
He read verse 3: “Jesus said, ‘I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.’” Then verse 7: “…you must be born again.”
“Tell me, Bobby, have you been born again?”
“Yes. I believe I have.”
“I believe you’re right. God is good.”
- Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God. John 1:12-13
- I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10b KJV
- SONG: JOHN 3:16,17,18 – Music by Kathleen
[This life is temporary. This life is short. When this life is over, our bodies will die and become empty shells, but our souls will continue to live forever. Where will the “real you” live? Will you live for all eternity separated from God? Or will you spend eternity in the presence of God in heaven? Learn more so you can make your most important decision: http://www.godlife.com/gospel/ and http://www.godlife.com/en/about-christianity