I was doing Bible study with a prisoner who told me she often has sleep paralysis.
When this occurs she feels she’s awake. Her hearing is keen, yet she cannot move any part of her body. She cannot even open her eyes. It frightens her and she feels vulnerable to demonic attack.
I told her I have experienced the same thing! It is not uncommon. It’s a phenomenon in which people, while they are falling asleep or shortly before waking, temporarily experience an inability to move. However, the few times it happened to me, I did not experience fear as she did.
This is what I suggested, and I believe it was from the Lord: “The next time it happens, your mind will be awake. You will be able to pray in your thoughts, even though you cannot speak verbally. The Bible tells us to thank God for everything and in everything. I suggest you use that time to thank God that He is bigger than this sleep paralysis. He is bigger than any problem you have. Praise the name of Jesus in your thoughts and thank Him. You will receive His peace and your fear will lift.”
She said she would.
- SONG: DEAR LORD OF LORDS – by Kathleen
- I will fear no evil, for you are with me. Psalm 23:4
- Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- …always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:20
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
[Looking for SHARE buttons? Want to LEAVE A COMMENT? Simply click here: https://www.kathleensfaithwalk.com/jail-county-juvenile-facility/sleep-paralysis/ Then scroll to the bottom of page.]