A 20-year-old man from a country in West Africa has been writing through GMO (Global Media Outreach). He is growing in the Lord, studying his Bible and involved in his church.
He recently wrote that he would like to have a sexual experience with a woman. “How can I abstain from sexual immoralities, while I am feeling the urge every second. Even though I have never had sex with anyone before, yet I’m feeling I’d like to do it now. Is it a sin to have sex now?”
I responded, “Dear B, Your sexual desires are normal. But God created sex only for marriage between a husband and wife. It is difficult to wait, but this is God’s design and His plan for you. Obedience is not easy, but God rewards us when we obey Him.
Meanwhile, you must avoid anything that will lead you into temptation. Do not watch porn. Do not hang out with anyone who may tempt you to sin.
Here are some helpful websites: https://www.gotquestions.org/sexual-tension.html http://powertochange.com/itv/family/help-im-addicted-to-porn/
Dear Father in Heaven, You know B’s struggles. You know his heart yearns to serve You and obey You always. Please give him Your patience and endurance. Fill him with Your Holy Spirit so he will have Your peace, Your joy, and the self-control he needs at all times. I pray in the strong name of Jesus, our only hope, Amen.
- It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality. 1 Thessalonians 4:3
- Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. Psalm 27:14
- Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in all the ways I command you, that it may go well with you. Jeremiah 7:23
- But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” Revelation 21:8
- For more information on Global Media Outreach: http://www.godlife.com/en/about-christianity?
- SONG: THESE INWARD TRIALS – Words by John Newton, circa 1779; Music by Kathleen
[This life is temporary. This life is short. When this life is over, our bodies will die and become empty shells, but our souls will continue to live forever. Where will the “real you” live? Will you live for all eternity separated from God? Or will you spend eternity in the presence of God in heaven? Learn more so you can make your most important decision: http://www.godlife.com/gospel/ and http://www.godlife.com/en/about-christianity
[To leave a comment or prayer request, simply click on the TITLE of this post and scroll to the bottom.]