It was about a year ago that I emailed a young man who was asking for dating and courtship advice.
It seems his email address is similar to another young man with the same name! Unfortunately, the email went to the wrong guy and he responded!
He explained that there must be two guys with the same name. But he was not the one I intended to write. I wrote back, apologized and thanked him.
Two months later I did it again! He wrote back, “I’m sorry but you’ve reached Alternate Jim again. Have a good day.”
I was so embarrassed! I again apologized and thanked him for letting me know. Then I deleted his address in my address book so it never happens again.
It’s been nearly a year and yesterday I received an email from him–Alternate Jim–the guy I don’t even know! He said, “Dear Kathleen, I’m dating a girl named Susan. She is pregnant with triplets.”
That’s all he said! Why is he telling ME this? Unless…he remembers the advice I had given to another. Obviously he has a need! I responded:
So your girlfriend is pregnant with triplets? Oh my! Perhaps it’s time for marriage! Besides meeting their obvious physical needs, here are the three most important things your little ones will need in the following order:
1. Parents who know and love the Lord Jesus. If you are not there yet, you might check out: https://www.godlife.com/ Believe me. you’ll be glad you did.
2. Parents who are married and love each other above all others.
3. Parents who love their children.
Children are most secure not so much in knowing their parents love them, but in knowing their parents love each other first.
Happy Parenthood, my friend! Jesus loves you! I care.
- That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh. Genesis 2:24
- Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with the opponents in court. Psalm 127:4-5
SONG: DO NOT BE ANXIOUS – by Kathleen – with the help of Scripture
[This life is temporary. This life is short. When this life is over, our bodies will die and become empty shells, but our souls will continue to live forever. Where will the “real you” live? Will you live for all eternity separated from God? Or will you spend eternity in the presence of God in heaven? Learn more so you can make your most important decision: http://www.godlife.com/gospel/ and http://www.godlife.com/en/about-christianity
[To leave a comment or prayer request, simply click on the TITLE of this post and scroll to the bottom.]