A young man from Indonesia wrote me through www.godlife.com . He said he was worried and had fears about the future.
I shared with him something our pastor once said: “There are three things we should never worry about: the future, our circumstances and people. Yet those are the three things we most often worry about.”
Worry is sin because it indicates we are not trusting God. Trusting God is what the Christian life is all about.
Fear is not from God, it is from Satan. Satan does not want us to trust God. He desires that Christians be fearful and powerless. We need to reject fear. Psalm 56:3 says, “When I am afraid I will trust in You (God).” That is God’s Word and God’s Word is power! It is also a decision you make! I WILL trust in God! Repeat that over and over and the fear will lift. Speak aloud to Satan: “Get behind me Satan. Jesus is Lord!”
Choose to thank God and praise Him for your difficulties. Why? He asks us to. It isn’t easy to give thanks for some things, but I have personally experienced that when I obey God, He blesses. There have been times when it was so hard to give thanks I had to grit my teeth to do it. But immediately the peace followed. God is faithful!
- Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life. Matthew 6:25
- Therefore do not worry about tomorrow… Matthew 6:34a
- Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- …always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:20
- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7
- But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. Revelation 21:8 KJV
- DO NOT BE ANXIOUS – by Kathleen
This life is temporary. This life is short. When this life is over, our bodies will die and become empty shells, but our souls will continue to live forever. Where will the “real you” live? Will you live for all eternity separated from God? Or will you spend eternity in the presence of God in heaven? Learn more so you can make your most important decision: http://www.godlife.com/gospel/ and http://www.godlife.com/en/about-christianity
[To leave a comment or prayer request, simply click on the TITLE of this post and scroll to the bottom.]