The popular phrase “It’s all good” is often used in the most inappropriate ways.
- A woman I know became bored in her marriage. She found a boyfriend and moved in with him, leaving her teenagers with her husband. Today she smiles and says, “I’ve never been happier! The kids are fine with it! It’s all good!”
Is it? Her husband is a broken man. Her children are confused. Moreover, she claims to be a Christian and blatantly says, “It’s okay because God forgives!”
- A couple has been happily married for nearly 45 years. They are devoted to each other and enjoy various hobbies together. Yet they prefer not to discuss the after-life. The idea of God and salvation is foolishness to them. Another friend smiles at their life and says, “They’re happy. It’s all good.”
Is it? According to Scripture, they are destined for everlasting destruction.
- A young couple fell in love, moved in together and even bought a house together. Before they decided to marry, her parents said, “It’s all good!”
Is it? These are signs of a culture that has drifted so far from God, it no longer discerns right from wrong.
Isaiah 5:20-21 says, “Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness … Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight.” The key word here is WOE, defined as misery, sorrow, wretchedness, sadness, heartbreak, unhappiness, despair, depression, regret, misfortune, disaster, suffering, etc.
We read in Judges 17:6 that the people did “what was right in their own eyes.” Keep reading and you’ll discover the people ended up doing evil.
This life is short. When it’s over, we’ll continue to live forever. Think! Where will you live in the next life? It’s all about what you did with Jesus. Did you trust Him as your Savior? Did you choose to follow Him and obey Him? If so, then your lifestyle will show it. Indeed, then you’ll be able to say with confidence, “It’s all good.”
- He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10
- In those days there was no king in Israel. Everyone did what was right in his own eyes. Judges 17:6 ESV
- There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12
- SONG: MY FRIEND – Words by D.J. Higgins; Music by Kathleen
[This life is temporary. This life is short. When this life is over, our bodies will die and become empty shells, but our souls will continue to live forever. Where will the “real you” live? Will you live for all eternity separated from God? Or will you spend eternity in the presence of God in heaven? Learn more so you can make your most important decision: http://www.godlife.com/gospel/ and http://www.godlife.com/en/about-christianity
[To leave a comment or prayer request, simply click on the TITLE of this post and scroll to the bottom.]