Our grandchildren enjoy art projects. I brought out the acrylic paints and asked them to paint something colorful on our luggage. Why? It’s because our bags are just like most of the other bags on the airport conveyor belts—black! I wanted to easily spot ours.
My instructions were simple: Be creative. I also wanted each piece to have a message of God’s love. Before the kids started I sealed the luggage with black spray paint. This way their paint wouldn’t absorb and disappear. It was effective and dried quickly.
So how does the luggage look now?
- One piece has an underwater scene with smiling fish, underwater plants and a happy lobster crawling on the sandy bottom. On the side is the Christian fish sign: the Greek word for fish (Ichthus) which also forms the acronym “Jesus Christ, God’s Son, Savior.”
- Another has a rocket ship taking off for the moon with a Bible verse: John 3:16
- One displays the American flag and July 4 fireworks representing American’s Independence Day. Written across the top: God Bless the USA.
- The last is a garden of colorful flowers: Thank You God for flowers, sunshine, etc.
Now we can identify our fun and creative luggage from a distance. The children are pleased to see their artwork put to use. The downside? Sometimes I think when we’re pulling our luggage through an airport terminal we look like a couple of flower children leftover from the ’60’s. But does that matter? I mean, it’s just luggage! Each piece is a conversation starter! For some reason other travelers will ask if we have grandchildren! Who doesn’t enjoy talking about their grandkids?
- Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters. Colossians 3:23
[This life is temporary. This life is short. When this life is over, our bodies will die and become empty shells, but our souls will continue to live forever. Where will the “real you” live? Will you live for all eternity separated from God? Or will you spend eternity in the presence of God in heaven? Learn more so you can make your most important decision: http://www.whoisjesus-really.com/ and www.godlife.com
[Looking for SHARE buttons? Wish to LEAVE A COMMENT or PRAYER REQUEST? Go to: www.kathleensfaithwalk.com and scroll to the bottom of page.]